THE WE CARE FOOD FEST
PIE EATING CONTEST PARTICIPATION SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
- SPONSOR:The We Care Food Fest – Pie Eating Contest Participation Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is solely sponsored by Markland Mall, LLC, (the “Sponsor”), whose address is1114 S. 17th Street, Kokomo, Indiana.It is marketed to visitors to Markland Mall (the “Mall”).Entrants are providing their information to Sponsor not to Facebook.
THE PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
- SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY:The Sweepstakes is being held from 12:00 am August 8, 2017 to 5:00 pm on Friday, August 11, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).Each eligible entrant, as defined in paragraph 3 below (“Eligible Entrant”), will have a chance to win the Prize described herein.There is/are five (5) Prize(s) available to be won.Sweepstakes entry forms (“Entry Form”) will be available on the Mall’s Facebook Page and at the Mall Management Office.Eligible Entrants must fill out properly and completely an Entry Form to enter the Sweepstakes.Eligible Entrant whose properly completed Entry Form is drawn randomly by the Sponsor in accordance with paragraph 5 below (the “Selected Entrant”), may be declared the winner of the Prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: AN ENTRANT MUST BE A NATURAL PERSON 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO ENTER.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.The following are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win a Prize offered through the Sweepstakes, if during the Sweepstakes Period they were: (i) Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies; (ii) tenants of the Mall; (ii) respective officers, directors, employees and agents of the parties listed in (i) and (ii); or (iv) members of the immediate family of, and people living in the same household with any individual listed at (i), (ii) and (iii).All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Sweepstakes will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- ENTRY:No purchase is necessary to enter the Sweepstakes.By submitting an Entry Form, the Entrant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.To enter, an Eligible Entrant must fully and legibly complete an original Entry Form.Entry Forms must be received before the end of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to win a Prize.All submitted Entry Forms become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.No mechanically or photocopied Entry Forms will be eligible. An Eligible Entrant must deposit personally his/her fully and legibly completed original Entry Form during the Entry Period in the email box provided by the Sponsor or in the physical entry form box located in the Mall Management Office (“Entry Box”).Entry Forms submitted via email will be deposited in the Entry Box by Sponsor.No other methods of entry will be accepted.The official time-keeping device is determined by Sponsor.
- DRAW:Sponsor will conduct a random draw (“Draw”) to select a winner at 12:00 pm on Saturday, August 12, 2017 in the Mall Management Office.
- WIN NOTIFICATION/CLAIMING PRIZES:Sponsor will announce the Selected Entrant at the time of drawing and will contact the Selected Entrant at the telephone number on their Entry Form.(the “Win Notification”).The Sponsor will make one (1) attempt to contact the Selected Entrant. The Selected Entrant will not be declared a Winner until the Selected Entrant presents a government issued photo ID confirming identification to Sponsor representative and signs Winner Acceptance, Hold Harmless, Release and Consent form upon claiming the Prize.A Prize will be deemed forfeited by a Selected Entrant, if they fail to fully and timely satisfy the foregoing requirements for claiming a Prize or if such Selected Entrant is unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules.Sponsor reserves the right to modify Prize redemption procedures in its sole discretion.
- ODDS OF WINNING:The odds of winning a Prize through this Sweepstakes depend upon the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
- PRIZES:The prize will be the following (each a “Prize”):
Participation in The We Care Food Fest – Pie Eating Contest on Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 5:30 pm in the event tent located at the Mall. The Pie Eating Contest winner receives a 5 gift certificate as a prize. The approximately retail value of each prize is $0.00.
Prize Quantity: Five (5)
The Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of the Prize.
- GRANT OF LICENSE(S):By accepting the Prize, Winner grants Sponsor the right to use Winner’s name, hometown, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes, without additional compensation, in all media (except to the extent prohibited or limited by law).
- DISPUTES:Sponsor’s agents and designees shall have complete discretion over interpretation of these Official Rules, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submission that violates the criteria stated herein.Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, or an entrant’s participation therein, or the use of any material, or these Official Rules, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to choice-of-law rules or principles.
- DISQUALIFICATION:In the event a Prize is not timely and properly claimed, Sponsor retains the right not to award the Prize.Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of submitting multiple or fraudulent entries or tampering with the entry process.Should Sponsor determine that an entrant has directly or indirectly tampered with the Sweepstakes in any manner, such entrant’s Entry Form will be disqualified (if applicable) and Sponsor may seek additional remedies/redress to the full extent as allowed by law. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified.
- FORCE MAJUERE:If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of proceeding as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- INDEMNIFICATION/LIABILITY:Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, the Mall’s Merchants Association (if any), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, Sweepstakes/marketing/public relations agencies and the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above entities (the “Protected Parties”), from any and all liability associated (directly or indirectly, in whole or in part) with the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, including, but not limited to the entrant’s receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Prize.The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entry Forms, Entry Boxes, notifications, responses, replies, or for any technical malfunctions that may occur in the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Draw.The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or loss, whether caused by technical or human error, which may occur in the storage, transfer or processing of Entry Forms.Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entry Forms or Entry Boxes.The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage resulting from entrants participation in this Sweepstakes.In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for an amount greater than the value of the Prize stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- CANCELLATION.Sponsor may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Sweepstakes and/or these Official Rules, in whole or in part and without notice.
- OFFICIAL RULES: Please visit the Mall’s Management Office or website for a copy of these Official Rules.